This Biblical Studies Programme enables participants to systematically study, book by book, all 66 books of the Bible.
- Instruction is aimed at bringing Bible literacy to the participants, to help them know the contents of the Bible and to apply God’s Word to life.
- Two modules are conducted concurrently in a term: each from the Old and New Testaments. You may only sign up for one module each term.
Participation is offered at 3 levels:
(1) Certificate of Participation – this requires a minimum of 70% attendance and satisfactory completion of simple assignments during the course
(2) Certificate of Biblical Studies (individual modules) – this will be issued on passing a written examination conducted after each module
(3) Certificate of Biblical Studies (full completion of 10 modules) – this will be issued on passing ten written examinations
As these DCBS online lessons will be conducted via Zoom, it is recommended that you download and install Zoom on your desktop or mobile devices beforehand.
To download Zoom, visit zoom.us/download and choose “Zoom Client for Meetings” if you are using a computer, or “Zoom Mobile Apps” if you are on a mobile device.
Course Fees (payable online or via crossed cheque to St Andrew’s Cathedral):
$10 per module
ONLINE REGISTRATION is now open.
How to Register and Enter Class:
- Step 1: Upon registration, you’ll receive an email from email@example.com to do another registration in ZOOM
- Step 2: After your registration in ZOOM, you’ll receive an email from ONLINE DCBS Module 7 or Module 13 which contains the link “Click Here to Join”
- Step 3: On the day of lesson, just click on the link in the email “Click Here to Join” and you may enter the class from 7pm onwards. Class commences at 7.30pm.
For OT Module 7, closing date of registration will be 2 Oct 2020.
For NT Module 13, closing date of registration will be 16 Oct 2020.
OT Course: Module 7 - The Writings 2 (Ruth, Esther, Song of Songs, Lamentations, 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ezra-Nehemiah and Daniel)
Dates: 17 Sep – 12 Nov 2020 (9 Thursdays, 7.30 pm – 9.00 pm)
Lecturers: Ms Amy Lau (SJSM), Ps David Ng (SAC),
Ms Veronica Wong (SAC), Mr Kwan Fook Seng (COOS)
Exam: 21 Nov 2020
NT Course: Module 13 - Hebrews to Jude
Dates: 1 Oct – 26 Nov 2020 (9 Thursdays, 7.30 pm – 9.00 pm)
Lecturers: Ds Ti Lian Swan (SAC), Mrs Michelle Tan (TWPC), Mr James Tan (SAC)
Exam: 5 Dec 2020
HOW TO PAY :
A) For Online transfers (Preferred)
Account Name : St Andrew’s Cathedral
Account Number : DBS Autosave 033-903411-8
PayNow : UEN - T08CC4055LT01
Please state in reference section for either Bank-transfer or PayNow : please write DCBS followed by your mobile number that you’ve furnished us in your registration form e.g. DCBS 91234567 for identification purposes by our Finance department. If your payment is made by a friend, the reference section mobile number must be yours, not your friend’s mobile number.
B) For Cheque payments
Please cross your cheque, made payable to St Andrew’s Cathedral, stating DCBS (Module No.), your registered name & contact number (as in your registration form) on the back of your crossed cheque and mail to :
St Andrew’s Cathedral
11 St Andrew’s Road